This wiki contains documentation for publishing partners of Michigan Publishing.
Content in this wiki is available for reuse under a Creative Commons license. See the copyright page for more information.
 Getting Started
- SPARC provides an Open-access Journal Publishing Resource Index containing advice on new journal planning, governance and editorial issues, marketing and promotion, and more.
- Case Study on the Development of the International Journal of Exercise Science: "This document is a summary case study on the origination, development, marketing and on-going management of this unique research journal."
Business Models and Associated Costs
- The SPARC Consulting Group provides guidance on business models to learned societies and other nonprofit organizations that want to make a switch to open access.
- Common rates for editing, fact checking, indexing, layout, proofreading, and more.
Copyright and Licensing
- Obtaining Copyright Permissions – This gives advice to an author or editor determining whether permission is required and how to obtain permission to use part or all of a copyrighted work in one's work.
Policies and Ethics
- The Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) provides a range of useful tools for journal editors and writers.
Managing submissions and peer review
- Overview of tools available for Managing submissions and peer review
- Editors of journals might consider joining the Council of Editors of Learned Journals for advice and support from other journal editors, plus venues for advertising journals related to modern languages and literature.
- There are also discipline-specific groups, such as CELxJ and LIS-Editors.
 Working with us
- Print-on-demand publishing through CreateSpace
- Publishing Agreements (reflects historical, not current, practice)
- Guidelines for Publishing Partners for how to provide content to Michigan Publishing
- Usage Statistics
- Rapid Typesetting Service
- Hypothes.is Sentence-Level Commenting and Annotation Feature
- Harvesting of metadata through OAI-PMH
- Marketing your publication: Michigan Publishing Marketing Guide
 Resource guides
- Access and Usage Policy for Michigan Publishing publications
- Digital Preservation
- Michigan Publishing Digital Preservation Practices
- What is Digital Preservation?
- Internal Resources – these guides were produced by U-M staff
- External Resources – these guides were produced by trusted authorities outside of U-M
- Notification of Server Outages